Skip to main content
Open Main MenuClose Main Menu

OSU welcomes undocumented students as a part of the Cowboy family. We will help you apply for admission and find the resources you need to be successful as an OSU student.


Applying for admission

All students should follow the same application procedures. In addition to the application for admission, undocumented students should file an Affidavit of Intent and have it notarized by a licensed notary for the state in which they live. The Affidavit of Intent ensures that students intend to file an application for legal status within one year and is a requirement for admission.


Affidavit of Intent for Oklahoma residents

Affidavit of Intent for Texas residents

Affidavit of Intent for residents of all other states


Tuition information

Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education policy allows institutions to grant out-of-state tuition waivers to undocumented students from Oklahoma. In accordance with House Bill 1804, undocumented students can receive an out-of-state tuition waiver if they meet the following requirements:

  • Graduated from a public or private high school in Oklahoma.
  • Resided in Oklahoma with a parent or guardian while attending classes in this state for at least two years prior to high school graduation.
  • Secured admission into, and enrolled in, an institution within the Oklahoma state system of higher education; and provided to the institution a copy of a true and correct application or petition filed with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services to legalize the student’s status OR filed an Affidavit of Intent.

Those who do not meet the above requirements will pay out-of-state tuition.



The Office of Multicultural Affairs has many student organizations that provide connections and resources for OSU students. Aspiring Americans provides grants to cover the cost of immigration applications for students enrolled in high school or college, as well as support every step of the way. Learn more about the Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).


 Frequently asked questions

  • Who is an undocumented student?

    Typically, students who entered the United States without inspection or legal permission are considered undocumented. Being undocumented can also refer to those with expired paperwork or those in deportation proceedings. If you have a United States passport or birth certification, you are not undocumented, you are an American citizen.

  • Am I eligible for financial aid?

    Undocumented students typically are not eligible to receive financial aid from the state and federal government, including loans, grants and scholarships. Please note that undocumented students are ineligible for most, but not all, institutional scholarships. For additional information and frequently asked questions about non-citizens' eligibility for federal aid, please visit Federal Student Aid: An Office of the U.S. Department of Education


Back To Top
SVG directory not found.